Its icon appears on the top of the screen when you receive a notification. You may also hear a sound depending on your sound setting. With the notification bar, you can:
- See your notifications by swiping your finger down from the top of the screen.
- Respond to a notification by touching it.
- Dismiss a notification bar by swipe it sideways.
- Dismiss all event-based notifications by touching CLEAR ALL at the bottom right corner of screen. Some on-going notifications may remain.
- Access quick settings by dragging the Status Bar down again in the Notification Panel or by dragging the Status Bar down with two fingers. Then you can access more settings by touching the icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Touch a notification to expand or collapse the notifications. Then news with photos and headlines can be displayed completely in the notification. So more new information can be shown in the new notification.
- Call or SMS back directly from notification, and even hang up the call.
- Gmail notifications display new emails.
- Calendar notification and email to all attendees with an embedded quick response to notify them.